This is a new six month programme which has been created in order to involve year 11 and 12 students into contributing towards the education sector, as well as mentoring and guiding younger students at your school by representing Parch Hill.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Mentoring younger students in regards to their academic learning
• Reviewing students’ current levels and making a personalised academic plan
• Running lunchtime mentoring surgeries
• Executing regular school assemblies
• Liasing with teachers and students
• Building initatives in order for students to be more aware of the education sector
• Attending school open days and summer fairs
• Attending daily power-hours outside local primary schools
• Attending weekly Parch Hill school council meetings with members of other schools
Although you will be mainly working indiviually, you are part of a team contributed by ambassadors from other local South London schools in the area. On a weekly basis, you will attend a compulsary meeting with all members of the team and the manager to discuss the role, targets, improvements to the role, as well as training. The day and time of this meeting will be confirmed by email by the Marketing Manager in due time.
You will be provided with marketing materials such as leaflets, letters and appointment cards which you will be able to distribute to students and parents throughout the programme. This is a proactive role, which expects each ambassador to work actively and individually, with the success of the programme being based on the amount of work and effort put into the role.
THE BENEFITS YOU RECEIVE WILL INCLUDE:
• Improving your public speaking and confidence skills
• Introducing yourself into the working-world
• Understanding and having a say in the education sector
• You will receive a certificate upon completion of the course
• You will be able to enhance your CV by adding this role
• This role will be fully and fairly paid (details can be found overleaf)
HOURS OF WORK:
You will not have any particular set hours of work, these are completely flexible as we rely on each ambassador to individually manage their own work load. You will be mainly working throughout school hours, including lunch breaks and assemblies, etc. As well as this, you will also be expected to attend ‘power-hours’, which includes visiting local primary schools at the time of closure to spread the word about Parch Hill and generate leads.
REMUNERATION AND TARGETS:
This is a paid role which will include a weekly basic rate of £25.00. You will also be paid commission based on the extra appointments and leads you have generated on top of the minimum target. As well as this, for every student who enrols through your lead generation, you will receive £5.00.
Salaries will be paid by bank transfer on the 10th of each month for the time period between the 1st to the last working day of the previous month.
This is a 6 month programme, based in school term-times only and is expected to finish at the end of December. Upon completion, you will attending a final review meeting with a senior manager where you will discuss your time at Parch Hill. In the case of a successful review, you will be provided with a certificate which you can use towards your CV for future work.
If Parch Hill is particularly impressed with the work that you have shown, there may be further roles available which will be discussed in your final review meeting.
Please send applications through to firstname.lastname@example.org